ICP made a commitment to go LEAN in 2013. What does this mean? It’s pretty simple: it’s eliminating waste – both material and time. Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Partnered with Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) for education, implementation and follow-up
- Completed introductory LEAN training
- Completed 5S training and implementation. 5S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain) focuses on evaluating the current work area and practices, eliminating waste and structuring to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Streamlined our Request For Information (RFI) with outside partners saving loads of idle time and sharing more timely and meaningful information
- Improved our formal job contract process with customers
To ensure the LEAN effort continues to grow and stay alive, our bi-weekly safety inspections include a LEAN component. We’ve also added an industry expert to provide an additional resource to audit our program.
LEAN completely changed our business. We’ve sped up our lead times and cycle times. We’re safer. We’ve taken cost out of the business and become an even better provider for our customers.